Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Italian Stew


Here is Friday's recipe....it's a good one!


Italian Stew

2 lbs. Turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz.) Italian seasoned tomato sauce
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup water
1 cup beef broth
1 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large nonstick saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, water, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add pasta, heat through. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese. Yield: 8 servings.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Great recipe, great surprise! Do you have any idea how I may get in touch with my father in law? I have tried and tried....I tied about 1 month ago for 3 weeks in a row with no answer! I know he isn't doing well and we would really like to talk with him. I have tried for 2 days and even left messages. I haven't even been able to tell him I was expecting again. Any suggestions?

Beth Hotchkiss-Yoder said...

Wow this looks really good. . .I guess I was a little tired when I was on last night to be really hungry. . .but it's looks yummy this morning :) LOL I'm going to try it this weekend. . .Thanks