Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our life is anything, but boring!!

Monday has been the only normal day in my week, so far :)
All four of us have had the same "Ick" that it seems like half the world has!! So, Monday into Tues. I was feeling down again, and decided to rest in bed a little longer than normal...the girls were playing wonderfully in Katrina's room, so that really helped!! Then the phone rang, it was Crystal from Jaron's work, saying that he was on the floor with his legs up and was very dizzy and not feeling good at all and what should they do?! I was INSTANTLY awake!!! I told her I call her back in a few minutes to see how he was, while I hurriedly starting getting dressed!! 3 minutes later I called back, after the cobwebs had cleared out and I was thinking a little more now, and found out they called the ambulance!!! Ed offered to come pick the girls and I up, but I knew there was no way I wanted the girls in the ER with me! So, I told him, I would call my MIL and see if she could watch the girls and then I would go right to the hospital; which is what happened! I was scared and a nervous wreck! He had seemed fine the night before and in the morning, other than just this general ick we have all been dealing with!
I headed to the hospital driving in a little bit of snow, that had me nervous!!! since they were predicting less than wonderful weather!! but, THANK THE LORD! HE turned the snow to rain and then helped me feel lots better, as long as it didn't turn to ice - which it didn't :)
Once at the ER, we found out he had Labrynthitis which caused him to have Vertigo...basically this means that it is possible when someone has been sick for a while, for the canals in the ear to get full and the little hairs inside the canal get confused and communicate to the brain that the world is spinning, but the eyes are telling the brain, NO! the world is not spinning; and the brain gets overloaded trying to decide what is really going on!! So he was extremely dizzy, couldn't move his head from side to side without causing the vertigo again, which was causing some hyperventilation and some nausea!! Poor guy, I really did feel sorry for him - he just didn't feel good!!
They gave him an IV and some Dramamine by IV to help the dizziness to go away, and once he felt like he could walk again without falling he was discharged!
I was very relieved that it wasn't something much more serious!! The Dr. prescribed some Antivert for him and to come home and rest - which he did and things have been fine since, but he sure did give me a scare!!! I told him, next time, if he needs more attention, to please let me know! :)

Then Wednesday, we were up and out of the house by 8 a.m. so the girls and I could take my MIL for her chemo treatment. We had to take a detour because of a wreck, so that made us about 15 minutes late for the appointmnet. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS, AS THE NEXT FEW DAYS ARE GOING TO BE TOUGH!! We dropped her off, and the girls and I went to Walmart for some groceries we were needing and some baby gifts. Then on to Burlington Coat Factory to buy Jaron a leather coat for his birthday. I found one - on sale :) and I picked up a few more items as gifts and to get the girls spring wardrobes started!
Then it was lunch time and time to get back to the treatment center, so we ate on the way. We spent some time with Cheryl in her little cubicle (for lack of a better word). The girls were getting a little wound up, so we went out to wait in the van until she was finished. I had packed some toys and CDs to help pass the time.
To make a long story short, we should have been home in the afternoon, but they needed to run some extra tests, so we didn't get home until 6:45 p.m.
All things considering the girls did WONDERFUL, it was the least we could do to help out!
We just had a really full days worth of activity and it sure wasn't a problem getting the girls to sleep last night :)
After Katrina had her bath, she asked to wear some of my socks to bed, I told her she could pick out a pair...this is what she choose :) Jaron and I cracked up!

It was very comical and cute!!
Here are some shots of the girls enjoying their playtime in the van - they really enjoyed being in the back seat...I guess because they are usually strapped into their carseats and can't move around!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hey sis, sorry your weeks been kinda bumpy- hope you all can have a relaxing weekend. By the way great pics of the girls- especially the sock pics with Tator- what a little fashion girl:)Love and hugs to all, Angela

Anonymous said...

So glad everything was okay with Jaron! You poor thing!