Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!

My Mom is quite the lady!

She has a sense of humor! (See above pic - just one of those "funny, family moments" at Christmas) Many people usually see the professional, put-together side of my Mom! but let me tell you, she can be funny! Probably shouldn't share too many of those mind-pictures with you :) You'll just have to take my word for it!
She has a pioneering spirit - I think of she and Dad being in Brazil, pretty much starting a new work, raising and having children in a foriegn land, learning to speak the language and truly working herself (unwittingly) right into the hearts of the people.
Only the Lord knows how many delicious homemade pizzas she prepared!! Too many to count! and although she willingly gave out her recipe so the church ladies could make it themselves, they always came back saying it just didn't taste like "Dona Jennie's"! She just has the touch!
I remember sitting beside her in church holding and smelling her hands after she had cut the olives for the pizza and they always smelled so good and reminded me of what was waiting for us when we got home!
My Mom has an invisible mark on her, somehow people in need seem to sense that she really does care and really will listen to their troubles and cares. She may not have an official counseling degree, but she has alot of wisdom and insight to offer - I am so thankful that I have always been able to benefit from her wisdom and advice, but now even more so, as a Mommy myself. Her advice and wisdom is invaluable to me!!
My Mom is an awesome teacher! Of course this is a little telling, but some of her first 3rd grade students are now parents themselves, and many of them have in little ways let it be known that my mother made a significant impact on their life! There are even quite a few who are still in the academy who have realized how much she helped them, not just academically; but she has helped them to be "whole" people, to see the "big picture."
She also taught her girls, and like any good teacher/mother made sure that our minds didn't go idle during the summer months! We read through book after book, all of Janette Oke's "animal" books. I am sure that this is one of the reasons that I love to read as much as I do! We even did book reports! :)
There are so many things I could say about her...but really, it comes down to one thing. I have the best Mother in the world. Period.
I love you Mom! I value and treasure you and the relationship that we share!


For my 'other' Mother...Happy Mother's Day!

I am so sorry that you are having to go through these difficult physical trials, but you have done it graciously and not once, have you complained! I admire that!
Thank you for the way you raised my husband! God knew exactly what I needed and used you and Dad as instruments to make him into the wonderful man and father he is today!
Thank you for helping me get "used to" living "up north". I will always consider myself a southerner, but you helped to make the transition easier. One of those things for me, was learning how to can the veggies from our garden. You showed me how and gave me an appreciation for something I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would enjoy, but now I look forward to.
I am looking forward to our little trip to Kettels Greenhouse, once you are better! Hopefully, that will be soon! Love you!

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow sis what a perfect blog about mom. We really are blessed with the greatest example of a mom and best friend. Love to you all!!