Our Memorial Day weekend started out with the arrival of Steve and Ang and their boys. Our first night, we had supper, then Steve and Jaron took Stevie and Katrina to the pond for some fishing. Then we all (including PopPop) met up at Hardings for some yummy ice-cream even though Ang and I were "violently shivering" :)
Sunday, Jaron preached the morning service and did an excellent job! Lunch time was relaxing and we were able to get some shut-eye in, before going to the evening service at Green Grove.
Monday, the guys were off early for some fishing, while the ladies got the kiddos around, then off to the parade - I sure am proud to be an American!!
Then the guys were off for some more fishing, while we made a quick stop at the grocery store for ingredients for homemade ice-cream. Back home, the kids played outside while Ang and I worked on getting lunch.
We had way too much food, but it tasted good! We enjoyed just sitting around on the porch, having some leisure time chatting! (My picnic table sure is getting "broke-in" - I have really enjoyed being able to use it!!)
I didn't get that many pictures, but here are a few!
The perfect spot to watch the parade go by.
Not sure what is going on with the face :)
Grill chef - the meat was delicious!
Ang dishing out food for the kiddos. Thanks Ang for all your help in the kitchen! (You get to make the Apple crisp next time - o.k.? HAHA)
Lunch time.
"Annie Oakley and Pecos Bill" - I'm just waiting for her to ask for a toy gun for her B-day!
Wonder if they are both comfortable?!
Pint-sized conversation.
Thanks for joining us PopPop! (Nana we wish you could have been here, also)
The guys didn't get enough fishing in :) They took Stevie and Katrina once more down to the pond, while Katie got her late afternoon nap, and Brendan eventually succumbed :) The cousins had a full day of fun and play together!
After saying our goodbyes to the Bills family, we loaded the girls up in their wagon and took a little walk down to the river. (I REALLY wish I had taken my camera) It was so calm and peaceful, a great ending to an awesome day!! The girls enjoyed throwing rocks into the river and I'm amazed at how far Jaron can make those rocks skip on the water!! I am very thankful for my family - all 5 of us :) and also for my freedoms that I enjoy as a result of living in this great country!!
3 days ago
1 comments:
Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. I love the picture of Katrina with the gun. Sheri
Post a Comment