...catch-up blogging continued....
I have started making a conscious effort of having Katie help me in the kitchen. It isn't that she doesn't want to, it's just easier to do it myself :) With Katrina, we started really early, she was the only child at the time and always wanted to help(still does). Now, with two kids in the kitchen things can get a little "hairy"! (Like the time, I put in 1 2/3 cups of oil into the muffins, instead of 2/3 cup of oil - I am definitely blaming that one on the 2 little bakers in the kitchen syndrome - HAHA)
I realized though, if I want Katie to enjoy "working" in the kitchen as much as her Mommy and sister do, than I need to do my part in helping her know how and enjoy it! This was her first time to help me make Peanut Butter cookies - she did very well and had fun - so did I :)
Getting a spoon for Mommy to use
Combining ingredients
What's not to love about cookie dough?!
Enjoying her cookie
STRAWBERRY JAM
On July 4th, we made up lots of Strawberry Freezer Jam, once again Katie was on hand to help out and see how many strawberries she could eat :) (Katrina was spending time with Nana and Aunt Jess)
Ingredients all together
Handing Mommy the berries and trying to eat some as well!
Making Memories
Fresh, Clean, Yummy
We'll be enjoying the fruits of our labor for quite a while :)
Just had to try some...
....scroll further down for the "Impromptu Picnic" post...another "catch up" blog that I had started earlier, but just now finished.
1 comments:
One comment for all your blogs! 1) I love how you involve your girls in the things you do! Its great!
2) I would love to have one of those bags you made! You make it and I will buy it!!!
3) We are headed off to IN to live in about 3 weeks so maybe you should have a stopping spot on your trips to FL!!!
Post a Comment