Over the Labor Day weekend, my MIL and I canned 40 quarts of peaches! Alot of work, but we'll really enjoy it later :) I thought I didn't like fresh peaches, until I tried these, when they were perfectly ripe - they were delicious!! I even made up three different peach desserts!
Today...was Katrina's first day at Preschool! Wow! Yes, I did have a harder time than I thought I would, although she really seemed to enjoy herself and probably had less "separation anxiety" than her Mommy did! In fact, she kissed her Mommy and Daddy goodbye with no qualms whatsoever! (That is what I had expected; in that way she is just like her Daddy, new people and situations aren't really an issue for her)
I asked her how her day went, and if she met new friends, to which she replied "no" :) She did tell me she liked one of the teachers and that two of the boys in the class said, "Oh, my G--!" I told her some people talk that way, but we don't and the next time to ignore it; and that I didn't want to hear her talking that way!! I am just wondering how many other firstborns there are in the class :)
The preschool consists of less than 20 children, so they get lots of teacher/child interaction, which I think is a plus! She'll be going MWF from 9-12. I think this will be really beneficial to her and to me; getting both of us ready for a little bit of what school will be like.
I never thought about any adjustments Katie would be making, she must have asked me 20 times after we dropped Katrina off, where "Cheena" was? Poor thing, I think she was missing her playmate, Big Sis and Cohort in Crime :)
We were late, due to address/location problems, so I only snapped two pictures of her before we left the house this morning...I should be able to get some classroom shots at a later date. I thought she looked pretty cute, dressed up in her new outfit!
Tonight, before we tucked her into bed, I told her she needed to get right to sleep since two of her friends were coming over tomorrow; to which she replied, "Can we go to preschool, instead?" :)

3 comments:
She looks so cute all dressed up for school. I am glad that she likes preschool.
Mmm...the peaches look yummy!! So glad you made it through the first day of preschool! Tim and I were praying for you. :o) Such a beautiful little girl! It'll be hard for that teacher to not have a "favorite"!
Those peaches look amazingly delicious!! As for Tator, she is so ADORABLE!! I can't believe she's already in school. LOVE TO YOU ALL, Aunt Angela
Post a Comment