Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Experiences

Today has been a busy day and full of new experiences.

Experience #1 - going to the Dentist.

I have had this appt. scheduled since the Spring of this year!! Katrina's teeth don't seem to have very good "genes" - she has three cavities! I know, that sounds terrible and it is!! But, she or Katie hardly get any candy and have a limited amount of juice; so I really don't know why her teeth are so bad at her age! In the beginning of October they really started bothering her, so we have waited it out until today for this appt.
Katie chipped a front tooth almost a year ago. I called Dr. Wezmar's office when it happened and they said as long as there wasn't any blood or discoloring of the tooth, to bring her in after the Christmas holiday. Otherwise, her pearly whites are fine. We took her along just to get her "dental history" started.
Dr. Wezmar is a pediatric dentist and evidently a good one (since we just now got in to see him, and this has been scheduled since Spring!!)
Jaron and I were both very impressed with him and his interaction with the girls! He is an older gentleman - maybe he has a few grand kids of his own :)
Today was basically a "meet and greet." Like I thought, he said Katie's teeth are fine, since her front tooth is a baby tooth there really isn't any reason to fix it, we'll just have to wait for her adult teeth to make her smile perfect again :)
Katrina and I will be making a visit next week! Like Jaron thought, she does have an infection, so we have an antibiotic to clear that up. Then she will be consciously sedated to have two of her cavities extracted and the third cavity he may cap to stop the infection from spreading - he said on that one he'll have to see exactly how far the infection has eaten, hopefully not into the nerve because that will affect the adult tooth later.
They were going to schedule our return visit as scheduling allowed, but with me being due very soon, he decided to move it up. He even asked if we could come back tomorrow! but plans had already been made!
The girls were really excited to go to the Dentist today and I was afraid that once we left they would never want to go again; but Katrina is happy to be going next week! Although, of course, she doesn't completely understand why we are going back, so her opinions may change after that visit!
Jaron and I are just grateful that this is being taken care of in a very timely manner!! And we are also grateful for some extra money we received today, that we didn't know was coming. It is .51 over the amount we have to pay to cover her anesthesia bill! The rest is covered by her dental insurance! Isn't God good?!

Experience #2 - Chuck E. Cheese's

The girls have never been before and since I wasn't sure how the dentist visit would go and we would all be together as a family; I thought it would be a good idea to end our time out together with something totally geared for kids!
They LOVED it! They were completely mesmerized by everything!! Here are some pictures of our time together!

Daddy hit Jackpot on this game!

Katie, loved the air-hockey table - although she didn't have a clue :)

As you can see, Katrina is very intent on "driving" Chuck E. Cheese!

Another example that proves little boys never do grow up :)

Taking a ride with Clifford.


She wasn't sure if she liked this car moving or not.

This was a fun game for them!

I love this picture, especially Katrina and Jaron's expressions!

I think Katie had the most fun, when she could RIP those tickets out - and then run for Daddy lickety-split (every time) to give him the tickets!

Counting the tickets

Final count!

The only time I wasn't behind the camera :) Right before we left, apparently the girls weren't to interested in another shot :)


It's been a good day! I am thankful!

0 comments: