Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Friday

It started out here. I saw this wall grouping while I was blog-hopping; unfortunately I don't remember whose blog or I'd give credit where it's due!
Anyway, back to the wall grouping, I like it...the basic style.

There was a bare spot on the kitchen wall that was begging to be beautified :)
and here we are!! Getting to a major shopping metropolis doesn't happen very often for us...you know...time, money and gas are factors. So I bought these cream frames at Wally's World. Painted them white with paint I already had :) The plates were given to me by my MIL. The shelf was given to me by my Mom ( i LOVE those knobs.)The ribbon, glass bottle and tulip were also from Wally's World.
I still would like to add an accent or two to the shelf. I was thinking maybe something like this, a white-washed birdie without a pedastal. Or maybe a pretty and petite glass jar (with a lid) filled with lots of blue-hued buttons, what do you think? Any more accent ideas floating around out there? I'd love to hear them!!

I know you are saying to yourself, this DOESN'T look anything like the inspiration picture...I know! You know how our female brains work...one thing leads to another and another :) and this is where it ended!
I still like the idea of three frames and two shelves, that will probably show up somewhere else in the house, probably the master bedroom. Although, it might be awhile. When you're remodeling like we are things take time. Sweet. Precious. Time.
For more Finished Object Friday, visit Fresh from the Chari Tree...she has a little surprise waiting for a lucky someone :)

5 comments:

Jennie said...

VERY ELEGANT!!! I REALLY LIKE IT!!

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

Maybe... a pure white teapot with a blue/white saucer - or - vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...!!

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

I agree with the teapot idea, or a teacup, along with the birdie and maybe a candle? Very pretty!