Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Memorial Day in Pictures

We had g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. weather for our Memorial Day!

Jaron was up early working outside on the yard, adding curb appeal! The girls and I slept in a little. After getting dressed and eating a late breakfast we made our way into town for Tunkhannock's Memorial Day parade! We have that perfect small town Norman Rockwell kind-of-feel!

This was Courtney's 1st parade, she really didn't seem all that impressed! HA!



Lot's of the Red, White and Blue and a few bubbles, too!



Nana and PopPop



Katrina's preschool was represented. That is one of her teacher's waving!



Sickler family line-up :)



Our local chapter of the Red Hat Society



All American Ford



Hubby and me!



Lounging around



Hometown Pride



The girls are so fascinated by all the parade activity.



BUT, they love the candy the most :) I mean, that IS why you go to a parade, isn't it?!?!

Tractors on parade

I'm proud of my American heritage and for 2 grandpa's that fought to retain our freedoms.


After the parade we took a little family drive to pick up veggies and flowers that we had ordered for our garden. We were loaded to the gills with green stuff!
The rest of the day was spent digging, planting and fertilizing. I do love playing in the dirt WITH my red gardening gloves on ;)
Of course, we enjoyed some yummy food too and fellowship with friends! We had an all-around wonderful kind of day!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Cute post! I love the candy thumbs...especially since Katie-bug was so taken with the parade she couldn't spare a moment to look at the camera. :)

Jennie said...

nice truck composition. Dad

Liz and David said...

Now I'm jealous! You knew I was missing the parade! haha! Thanks for posting the pics. The red ford picture is really cool how you angled it!!