Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Where, oh where to start?!?!?

This summer is just a-flyin' by! We have been so busy. a good kind of busy :) This post is mostly a hodge-podge of cathing up with us and what we've been up to *wink*

Mommy's Helper
Katrina has been such a big help to me lately! She loves to be in the kitchen copying her Mama :) This particular day she helped me whip up some Broccoli (from the garden) Casserole, emptying the dishwasher and set the table!! I was just so proud of her. It was a really good time for just the two of us, while her sisters were napping! I wanted to take some pictures, so that I would have them to scrapbook ;)



Do you like that chocolate smudge on her cheek? HA





Pea-pickin'/shellin' Party

We have been so pleased with our crop of peas this year! The first year we planted them too late, it was an exceptionally hot and dry season and our efforts were pretty much in vain! This year has been totally the opposite! We have had lots of cool, moist (a little too moist) weather and the peas have t.h.r.i.v.e.d.

The first picking was a family affair, everyone was outside either playin' or pickin'





This is the perspective you get from handing the camera to your almost 5 yr. old! LOL



I think pea blossoms are so pretty. delicate. dainty. Just love those little curly tendrils, too!







After picking, we headed over to my inlaws, where we shelled them all in quick order!! Peas can be so tedious to shell, but it was a snap this time :) Thanks Jen, Jess and the little ones





All done shelling



Time for blanching - 3 minutes in



then, cool down in ice-water



2 cups per bag=just the right size for our family of 5.



Anniversary Get-Away

Jaron surprised me with a mid-week getaway to Creekside Cabin. We had such a wonderful time! Out in the country. the end of a gravel drive.



Unfortunately for us, it was rainy and drizzly pretty much the whole time! It would have been nice to enjoy the lounge chairs! Jaron did try to do some fishing, but didn't have a whole lot of luck! (This picture was taken the following day) During the night, we had so much rain the creek rose 3 feet!



Everything inside was rustic romantic.





Before we left home, I marinated some steaks, buttered and wrapped 2 potatoes and brought some garden peas in a baggie. The kitchen had furnished with pots/pans and such; and there was a grill on the back deck. Easy and yummy supper :)





We played Phase 10 while listening to Focus on the Family's RADIO THEATER. I was beatin' him good and then he had to ruin it and win himself! HA



They had complimentary Sparkly for us :)



Up in the loft, a puzzle was set-up for couples to work on, if they wished. We worked on it some, but Jaron did most of the work (his brain is wired that way HA) and finished it before we left the next day.




I liked the way these flowers were arranged on the back deck!



We really had a good time being together. just us. I always love spending time with my best friend!


Did you make it through all that? LOL I have lots more to post, but I have strawberries waiting on me!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Places and faces... make nice stories.... thanks. Dad

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Ooooh, the romantic getaway looked like lots of fun! Your garden looks very bountiful. : )