Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Redeeming myself

Remember our trip to Roba's Tree Farm? While there, I realized what a bad mommy I was! My girls were not dressed all cutesy for Fall and they weren't matching! Terrible, isn't it?! With Katrina's Field Trip to the patch coming up, I figured I had a chance to redeem myself!
I was up ENTIRELY TOO LATE making her little shirt and hairbow, not because it was hard; but because procrastinating is so much more fun...right. I hope I learned my lesson. Hubby hopes so too - HA I free-handed the pumpkin and stem - using up some stash ;) Then some HeatNBond helped everything to stay it place while I stitched around it. I did make sure not to stitch through the HeatNBond! Added the ribbon and button and called it done!

The photo was taken after her trip. Doesn't she look a little tired to you? I think the highlight was the hot chocolate to "keep me warm"! Kids' perception is so funny. I had given her $5 dollars to spend, which she used partly for the hot chocolate and a lollipop! FIGURES When I asked for her change she said it was hers, the lady gave HER the money! HA nevermind where she got it from in the first place! Crazy kid! this pose was her idea too :)


A close -up for you...of course since I'm good at "craft cheating" I have to tell you, this idea came from here!



A new orange hairbow completes the outfit! The polka-dot center and 'K' are from my scrappy stash! While I was at it, I made up 6 more hairbows for the girls. Now I need to do the other two pumpkin look-a-like shirts.


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Cute pics. I like the whole outfit. Love ya, sis

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Cute shirt!