Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mug Rug FOF

  Mug Rugs are 'hot' right now in the quilting/sewing world, so I thought I'd take a "stab" at making one.  I'm an amateur sewer at best, so there are some mistakes, but all in all I'm happy with how it turned out :)
  I chose these fabrics because I wanted a forever reminder of the dresses I made for the girls out of the same fabrics.  And I'm trying to get the scraps used up :)
  I worked on it, little bits at a time - as I had the chance.  I also did take but this one 'during the process' shot.


Final product....

I kept the quilting simple with straight lines.  Although I love the look of stiple quilting!  Need to try that soon!

The backside was a happy surprise.  I had really wanted to use the floral fabric, but I didn't have a scrap big enough.  Now I'm glad I didn't.  Love the way the fabric and binding fabrics complement one another :)
We are also on a big fruit 'kick' at our house.  We always have fresh fruit, but it seems that lately we have enjoyed more of it than normal.  Pineapple (one of Katrina's most favorites), watermelon (from Grampa's trip to the grocery store with Katrina and Katie) and grapes (one of Katie's top picks).   We  haven't determined Courtney's favorite yet, she eats any of it :)


I'm linking this up at Chari's and for


4 comments:

Eileen {bluebirdluxe} said...

Yay, for first mug rugs! :) Yours is so pretty! I love it!

Charity said...

Very cute! I love those fabrics! I haven't seen many mug rugs... maybe I'm not reading the right blogs! :) I'm kindof getting the itch to do a little sewing. I haven't had my machine out since Christmas. :)

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

I can see the pics on this post and your more recent ones, but not the older ones. Cute mug rug, hadn't seen those before.

ClassiclyAmber said...

Oh, that is sweet! I really like it! Now I just need to learn how to quilt... =-D