Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Egg Mail

Now that Easter is over, I can share this fun little activity the girls and I did. 

We used the larger size plastic eggs (from my stash) and added in some candy, those individually wrapped Koolaid Fizzy tablets, 1 bouncy ball and some easter grass.  Everything fit kind of snug - no biggie!

Next, we taped the egg closed using mailing tape and making sure to put the recipient's address under the tape.  Then the girls took turns sticking on the stamps - 4 per egg.

All egg-cited to go put their surprises in the mailbox!

and put the flag up...I really do wonder what our mail-lady thought when she picked up our mail that day ;)

 Our little surprises were sent off to their cousins and two of their little friends in PA!

Disclaimer:  This idea is NOT original with me...I found it here.  She has other interesting ideas about mailing items weighing 13 oz. or less (scroll down through this link) - go check it out!  You'll thank me ;)

2 comments:

Charity said...

What a fun idea!! So cute! Looks like your girls had a blast mailing them too! :)

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

This is such a cute idea. I'll have to tuck it away in my mind for next year.