Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

little red berries

A month ago, we took our family vacation to PA to see family &  friends and participate in my sister-in-love's wedding :)  After the wedding fun was over and history, we fit as much fun stuff as we could into our remaining days.
  I had three things that we were a MUST while we were in town:
       #1 Visit our favorite ice-cream hang-out, Harding's Dairy Bar.  They have the best soft-serve ice-dream cream ANYWHERE!
       #2  Hope and pray that the fireflies would come out and put on their magical light show.  We did see a few, and I'm sure Jesus had a hand in it.  I'm so thankful HE delights in fulfilling simple wishes!
       #3  I really wanted to go pick strawberries -  and it worked out!

They had a really wet spring this year,  the berries suffered a bit from that.  That didn't stop us though :)  Katie was my champion strawberry picker this year.  She did a fantastic job!

bowls of deliciousness....

Nana with three of her "Grands"

Looking UP to the camera on a very bright day, doesn't make for the greatest of pictures.  Squitnty-eyes anyone?  HA

This was typical of Courtney - munching away :) and running in and out of the rows, and let's not forget several trips to the "facilities" :)

Katrina,  has gotten old enough to realize that sometimes fun things require a little bit of work :) and she just wasn't in to having too much fun this particular day.

We came home and I made our berries up into freezer jam - 27 half-pints!!!  and my MIL made a strawberry shortcake for our evening dessert!
 
More of our vacation pictures to come :)   
Please continue to pray for Jack, the next few days are critical!

1 comments:

Charity said...

The whole work part of fun is not too great for my 3 year old either. He pretty much falls apart and weeps over the heat, bugs, sun, etc. I think he's going to be a "great indoorsman" like his daddy ;o) Love your pics, girl!!!