Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Snap-shots from August

Just a little bit of rambling here.  Looking through Picassa I discovered I didn't take many pictures during the month of August.  (Mental note to do better in September.)
 

Courtney enjoying her breakfast.  Many times she eats alone because she is up before her two sisters.  Subject to change starting tomorrow, due to the new school year starting for said older sisters.

This month we've tried out a few new recipes.  Sweet Onion Bread (pictured above) pairs really well with a soup and salad.  Highly recommend Reluctant Entertainer's Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler - gone in less than 24 hours!  We also made Country Living's (July/August 2011 issue) Baked Potatoes with Bacon Butter.  The bacon butter was a nice touch, I didn't feel that rubbing the potatoes with the reserved bacon fat added any flavor to the potatoes themselves.  I'll skip that step the next time.

We had some friends over for dinner one night.  We should have done this a year ago!  Mom and Dad kept the girls overnight for us.  After dinner was over and our guests left, Jaron and I enjoyed a nice leisurely walk on the beach.


Our family was invited out for supper on a Friday night.  I got to play with my burlap and baker's twine for the hostess gift :)  Love me some baker's twine!

I promised the girls that before school started we would let them buy ice-cream from the melodious ice-cream truck that circles our neighborhood.  Just the right treat after getting back from swimming in Gammy and Grampas' pool.  This may or may not have been a large part of their supper that night.  Hey, it was still summer :)

As soon as I post this to the ole blog, I've got ironing to do for tomorrow's clothes.  The first lunches of the school year are packed.  Katie told me tonight as we tucked them into bed, "I am SO excited!"  and she is.  We have been counting down the days, since this past Monday with Smarties. 6 days left = 6 Smarties, 5 days left = 5 Smarties and so on.  Very appropriate, don't you think?  :)
Courtney will be enjoying a playdate with a friend, while Daddy is working hard and Mommy is fulfilling her civil duty at the local courthouse.  I'm about to find out what this jury duty stuff is all about - first hand.  I remember going on a highschool field trip with Mr. D - somehow I think this will be a bit different :)

0 comments: