...but I recieved a WONDERFUL present this weekend!!!
Thursday afternoon, I was getting prepared for going to revival services when Paula and her girls showed up very unexpectedly at my door and said they were going to take care of the girls and Jaron and I were going to have a date-night!! I was very surprised, but very happy as well!!
So, I get things ready for here, so all 4 girls would have supper and then be on their way to revival while Jaron and I went out!!
We had a really great time! What a treat to be together, just us two adults with adult conversation :) We gorged ourselves at Red Lobster! We both ordered the Ultimate Feast which includes Snow Crab, lobster tail, 2 kinds of shrimp, a side and a salad, not to mention the Seafood Fondue as our appetizer! They about had to roll us out of there :)
Then a little shopping for school supplies and grocery items...here is where the real adventure begins :) To go home, it is possible to take 81, but whenever we go to Wilkes-Barre we NEVER go home by way of 81! I asked him what was going on and he said we were just going to take a different way home; I thought, weird, but o.k. Then when he passed the exit we had to take, I said "You just missed your exit" he acted very noncommital and again, said we were going to take a different way home, I thought he was "being a man" and didn't want to own up to his "mistake" HAHA (although, if you know Jaron, he is EXTREMELY good with directions and destinations!)
Then we took the airport exit, and I was still wondering what in the world was going on!! but really didn't think a whole lot of it, until out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tall, green(sweatshirt) form......and then it dawned on me, we were picking up Angela!!! I laughed and I cried!! I couldn't believe they had duped me soooo royally!!! and on top of it, kept this a secret for three weeks!!!!! and I think about all the church people were even "in" on this little surprise!! :) and Mom and I talk practically every day of the week, and even SHE hadn't let the "cat out of the bag!"
Needless to say, it was really great (I can't even tell you HOW great!) having MY SIS here for the weekend!! and the girls really enjoyed having their Aunt here! We also pretty much got the living room all put together and decorated, just a few more finishing touches before I post pics on the blog!! :)
Thanks! Angela for all your help and the surprise visit - can we arrange a surprise visit...let's say...every2 months?!?!
and Thanks to my hubby too!! :) He was tooo proud of himself, for having duped me sooo royally!! HAHA
I love you both, very much!
2 comments:
That's way cool!!!! I wouldn't have been able to sleep all weekend!! LOL Glad you had a great time :-)
(I see I'm going to comment with Tim's name. . ..sorry)
~Beth
Sooo glad for you! What a special treat! Anymore news about your MIL?
ps I will call you soon!!!
Post a Comment