Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday Food Fest


Last week I tried Chicken-Ranch Quesadillas from this cookbook, that Mom sent up with Angela. The cookbook itself is really neat! and the recipes are very user-friendly! Another thing I like about this book, is that if an ingredient in a recipe has a "lighter" counterpart; it is denoted with a little heart beside that particular ingredient! How nifty!!
The author, Barbara Smith is Michael W. Smith's mom. You can tell this is a "Southern" Cookbook just by reading the recipes; I thought it was interesting that the first 5 desserts all had something to do with pecans!! :)

Chicken-Ranch Quesadillas

2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
* 1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup salsa
1 pack. (8 in.) soft flour tortillas
* 1 (8oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix chicken, ranch dressing, and salsa together well. Spread chicken mix on a tortilla; top with cheese and add another tortilla. Grill in greased skillet until tortillas are browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 quesadillas

The * take the place of hearts here :)

0 comments: