Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Snapshots from our week....

This week has been "slow and easy", a welcome relief from last weeks busyness! I have been able to clean the house, get caught up on the laundry and spend some extra reading time with Katrina...at this stage, Katie is happier walking around carrying her shoes or anyone else's for that matter! :)

Jaron has been working really hard at work....he is already scheduling houses into next year!! I declare, he could sell you a wooden leg and you would be happy with it!! :) He has also been working hard here at the house, all the windows have been replaced except for the 2 in the attic, and he just needs to find the time to get them done. The front door has also been replaced; it is so pretty and such an improvement from the original!
Monday, I bundled the girls up and we went for a wagon ride/walk to the Post Office to mail Gammy and Grampa and Aunt Angela a Fall bottle! Katrina had lots of fun collecting the leaves and acorns to put in the bottle and making a leaf rubbing too! (This summer, we did the same thing with a beach bottle, (sand and seashells) and mailed them up to Daddy and Nana and PopPop. This is really inexpensive, but a fun thing to do!) After mailing the bottle, I got in my 30 min. walking while the girls enjoyed the scenery! We walk in a big circle, about 3 times to get the thirty minutes in; the second time around, Katrina said, " Mommy, we are walking in a big circle!" and I hadn't said anything about walking in a circle!! She really does amazes us alot of the time!

I would say that probably half of the trees are bare now, but there were still a good amount that hadn't turned yet. This week has been pretty cold and I'd say we have had frost about every night. Yesterday, after Jaron left for work and Paula stopped by on her way to school; I looked outside and noticed this tree in our drive had dumped all of it's green leaves in a big "carpet"! Just seemed very odd to me, since fall leaves are usually scattered from here to there and never in a big clump like that! I guess the frost finally "knocked" their stems loose!
When I am working in the kitchen, one of Katie's favorite things to do, is walk between me and the counter! and if I'm making supper, "ask" for tasty morsels as well :)
This particular night, I was fixing stromboli and soup. When I put the three round meats down, Katrina was so excited, because I had made a snowman! so I indulged her and added onion eyes, nose, mouth and buttons and then mushroom arms! She was quite excited! Then when I added the last layer of shredded cheese she wanted to know what I was doing, so I said I was making the snowman a blanket....then she decided he needed a pillow too! :)
Katrina enjoyed some cheese, while making our "stromboli snowman"!
Well, guess that is the news for now...have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Andrea - loved catching a glimpse of your week!! Your girls are adorable and I must admit that the stromboli snowman looked hilarious!!!!

Liz said...

Man that stromboli looks yummo!! How do you make it?