Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Grampa is HERE!!!

Dad arrived on Wednesday! Tuesday, I had told Katrina Grampa was coming and she was very excited!! Wednesday morning when we took Jaron to work, the girls were still in their pj's. After dropping Jaron off, and heading back home; Katrina wanted to know why we couldn't go to the airport right then to get Grampa!! :) I explained to her we had to wait until he was at the airport, that he hadn't arrived yet.
Anyways - it is great having him here and the girls having thoroughly been enjoying their one-on-one time with Grampa! I would say he has, too! :)
Of course, being a grandparents means you are "entitled" to do some spoiling! Grampa came "bearing gifts" for the munchkins. A bean-bag smile face for Katie and a Hermie for Katrina!



After a trip to Walmart, Grampa bought Legos for Katrina to play with. She has really enjoyed playing with them. For Jaron and I, it has brought back child-hood memories of the things we used to build with Legos, when we were small.
I remember making Lego houses that were completely furnished with lego furniture and the pantry even had Lego "cans" in it! We also built, boats and airports. I couldn't even tell you how many countless hours we spent playing Legos!


It was very comical watching Jaron, he kept wanting to build the house that was shown on the Lego pamphlet; but Katrina had her own ideas about the house she was building! He must have asked 4 or 5 times if he could build that house! She finally relented when she knew she was going to have to go to bed, allowing Daddy to build his house meant that she could stay up a little longer to watch and help him!


Some morning cuddle time with Grampa!



Looking and listening to audio clips of animals sounds, online.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I am not too sure who is having more fun here - Grandpa or the girls or Daddy with the new toy!!!

Beth Hotchkiss-Yoder said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time.. . . glad your dad could make it! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, I see Jaron is still playing with Legos! Me too! Our Jordan is just about to the age where he can enjoy them too (and hopefully not swallow too many!) I have many great memories of playing with Legos with Jaron.

Leora Schenck said...

Looks like Grampa is enjoying his Grand Babies so much! How Sweet! Glad you are having a good time!