Well, I think things are finally starting to get back to normal!! YEAH!!
The beginning of this week started out with Katie and I not feeling well and Jaron ended up having to stay home and take care of the girls and I, while every aspect of this horrible flu bug was being experienced. Ugh!! He did a SUPERB job of taking care of things. He did: 5 loads of laundry, cleaned the girls rooms, vaccumed the floors and emptied out the fridge for me! I am a very lucky and grateful wife!!
Tuesday, he was able to go back to work and Katie had her check-up and the Dr. perscribed some Amoxicillan for her ears. I just took the day easy while still fighting nausea.
Each day I got my strength back a little more and even made it to church Wednesday - I really enjoyed being out again! It had been a week and a half since I had made it to church because of sickness.
Thursday, Jaron and I enjoyed going to the Casting Crowns concert down in State College.
We really like the message of their songs, but were a little apprehensive that their presentation would be less than desirable for us, but we weren't dissappointed!
On Wednesday Jaron had played 12 games of tennis with his cousin, he was VERY sore and then started fighting the flu that I had, so we did leave the concert a little bit early, since we had a 2 1/2 hour drive home, but all in all we had a very enjoyable time! Thanks to Mom and Dad Sickler and Jess for our tickets and food money :) I forget to thank Jen and Randy too! Sorry guys! I thought about it the day I posted this, and then forgot to make the correction. SO SORRY!! Your part of the Birthday contribution was appreciated as much as the others!!! :)
Friday Jaron was feeling worse, so he went in to work late and came home early, poor guy I really did feel bad for him. We had friends coming over for supper and games, I thought we might have to cancel, but he started taking his Z-pack from the Dr. and did start feeling better.
We enjoyed a really great evening with Wesley and Paula Welch and family and Bill and Vonda O'Connor and family, and Benjie. The ladies chipped in on the meal, so noone person was stuck with doing it all. We will definitely have to do this more often!!!
The guys playing the Farming Game - Brian won!
Hailey and Katie - Friends - Most of the time :)
Kristen holding sweet baby Angelina
Vonda couldn't figure out why her SkipBo 10-pile was so big, she had a little "help" from her friends :)
Lots to try and get done today, but I am grateful we are all feeling better! Hope each of you have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comments:
Andrea - loved looking at the pictures and I am glad that you all are feeling better! I must admit to being a little jealous about the concert since they have some wonderful songs!
Post a Comment