Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Full and Fun Weekend

This weekend was really busy, but enjoyable!!
Friday, I spent most of the day at a yard sale with some other ladies from our church. We had a great spot in the middle of town, with "main street" going right by us. I couldn't believe how we stayed busy all day long, we might have had a 30 minute lull the whole time!
Katrina was at preschool for a while and Katie was with me...I was kind of apprehensive how the girls would do being out with all the "stimulation", the busy road and lack of naptime; but they did absolutely wonderful!
I left the yard sale about 3:45, picked up our two reliable babysitters, went to the store to buy their supper, and picked up Jaron from work. We dropped them off at home and made our way down to Williamsport to meet up with cousin/friends Steve and Ang.

We have been trying to get together all summer and finally fit some time in right before the 1st Day of Autumn :)
We met at Olive Garden, lots of yummy food and good fellowship! Next stop was the bowling lanes. Jaron, of course, always does good at bowling! and the three of us improved our game as we went along :) Although, I did give Jaron a little bit of competition on the second game when I started out with 2 strikes :) and my finishing score for the 2nd game was higher than his 1st game score!!
Then, we had a momentous occasion, worth a picture for sure (but, I didn't take one)...we went to Starbucks. That in and of itself isn't so momentus, but the fact that Jaron went in, is! He is NOT a coffee drinker and I seriously doubt he ever will be; despite the fact that his wife sometimes tries to sneak in coffee in certain foods :) One time I was successful, he liked the roast until he found out it had coffee in it! Poor man, what he has to put up with :)
He ordered hot chocolate and I ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte (love those things!)and a Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake, which was also delicious. Steve and Ang ordered a White Chocolate 'something or other'. We had a nice little chat while enjoying our beverages. Then it was time to head home.
We really enjoy being with you guys, Steve and Ang! In fact, on the way home, Jaron said you all should move up closer to us! :)

We came home on good ole PA back roads...aka...deer alley. The first time I saw the deer and we got stopped in time before hitting one. Going from 70 mph to 0 mph sure is a funny feeling!
The second time, Jaron saw the deer first and had to slam on the brakes again...we saw deer one more time after that and were able to get stopped in time, again! For which I am very thankful!!! Insurance would have paid for any damage, but it is alot nicer not having to go through all that!

Saturday, it was back to the yard sale, but the day was alot slower, not as many customers. I thought it would have been the other way around! However, most of my 'treasures' sold, for which I am grateful! What a great feeling to get some of the extras out of the house and make a little money, which will be going for a new camera :) Our current camera has been over-taxed for 3 1/2 years now and is messing up; so I figured we better get a new one before Baby #3 makes her arrival.
While at the sale, I had a pleasant surprise phone call from Sharron - they wanted to stop by for the weekend! :)

We had a really good time with them as well, and are always glad when they make it into our "neck of the woods"! Tim helped Jaron Saturday night getting plywood put away and Sharron helped me quite a bit in the kitchen before supper time - they are just that way, helpful anytime!
Sunday was good, you never know what Aunt Sharron might carry in her purse for little people to play with! This time, it happened to be fake, adhesive mustaches! The girls had a quite a time with those :)
Tim and Sharron, hopefully we'll be able to see you guys again at Christmas time - you are welcome anytime!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our double date with you guys just as much..and we talked about it on the way home, too...that we have such a great time when we get together!! Look forward to the Christmas outing!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.