Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Scrappy Fun

I did get those 4 layouts done in pretty good time...whew! and managed to like most of them :)
I was feeling inspired and on a roll, I decided to make some cards. The first two I made last night.
The monkey card was fun to put together and very simple! The stamps I've had for I think the whole summer and just hadn't had a chance to use them yet! It's also fun getting to use the new stuff :)


This card's LO and color scheme were based largely on one of the pages I did for the Pastor's album. I liked it so much, I decided to use it again :)


These two I made last week, I think.

Don't know for sure when I'll need a "Get Well" card, but it is always nice to have some extra's on hand.


Posted by Picasa

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I got online and found another cool scrappy site It seems like they are pretty new, but I like some of the cards that I saw and really liked that they posted a card challenge every Monday - for me that is great! Helps to keep me in the "scrappy loop" Sometimes doing a LO every week can seem a little daunting, but cards don't take that long to make, I usually don't make that big of a mess while making one and it helps keep from getting rusty, a rut I had definitely fallen into for the last year and a half.

Today's challenge was to make a shaped card, besides a square or rectangle. Since I needed a B-day card to mail out this week, I thought a birthday hat would be perfect. The whole time I was making it, I really didn't like how it was going; but once I put the ribbons and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on there, it looked alot better to me!


Well, I should go make supper, since it won't make itself LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented...those cards look awesome!! Plus, you are a great photographer...!! I am glad you still call me your friends...lol!! Are you still sipping raspberry tea?!

phantom said...

Those cards look great. I wish I had the talent to scrapbook like you do.