Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scrubbies on my nightstand

One Pretty Thing is just loaded with inspiration and now my 'Favorites' file is buuuullllging ;) I found this crochet pattern on OPT and those soothing colors convinced me that I needed to try crochet again. I first started in a highschool textiles class, but really haven't touched it since. And written out crochet patterns always look like greek to me! But, I thought this project was small enough I might just be able to do it! You need 100% cotton yarn, which I didn't have, so first I experimented on acrylic yarn; and it worked! The pattern was easy and quick! I also used a one-size-up bigger hook, because it's what I had.

My next trip to Walmart I picked up some cotton yarn; why is Walmart's Cotton yarn selection so small??? They have a wall full of acrylic! I love this fresh-perky variegated yarn! I must admit, it even feels better than the acrylic!

Funny thing is, I didn't even think about matching up the two scrubbers, it just happened!

The girls have been watching me work on them and now they want one. The already love to help me with the dishes; so I'm going to make each of them a smaller one! I certainly don't want to discourage them from wanting to wash dishes!! LOL

2 comments:

Jennie said...

You are amazing! When did you say mine were going to arrive? :)
I love you, sis

Jennie said...

Leaving comment...COMMENT...he-he!!
Don't you miss me :0 love ya, sis