Sunday's muffins were these Chocolate Chip Muffins from one of my many Taste of Home Cookbooks. Very yummy, even yummier when eaten warm right out of the oven :) The girls were thrilled to see those mini chips poking out all over! I did make a substitution of Almond milk instead of the cows milk they called for. Baby girl has a milk allergy. After seeing how much she loved these I was very glad I had made the change.
I have taken a baby step into couponing. Now, I am NOT mathematically minded AT ALL! So sometimes this seems a little daunting. I think little by little I just might be catching on! This is my best coupon deal so far.... everything you see in the picture for 1.99!! I was so excited to come home and show my hubby :)
The Yoplus was on sale 2 for $3 and I had 2 1.00 coupons, bringing the cost to 1.00! They are normally $2.59 a piece! The seafood was BOGO and I had 2 1.00 coupons for those, bringing the cost to .99 for both of them!! and they are 2.99 a piece full price. So, I am pretty proud of my deals :)
If couponing has you stumped like it did me, here are a few sites to help you. This site was recommended by Shari last year...watching the clips on couponing is what convinced me that maybe I could do this too! My MIL recommended this site to me - which has been very helpful and she has a long list of links that are worth checking out as well.
2 comments:
Mmmm...those muffins look yummy! Congratulations on the sweet deal you got - it looks like you've got the hang of it. Don't worry, though, if you still mess up every now & then. It took me a looooong time & lots of trial & error before I started to really catch on. If my sister hadn't been there to coach me through it, I probably would have totally given up.
Great job on the good deal! There are a ton of great websites for couponing. What grocery stores do you have locally? I'll send you some good links. I've reduced my grocery budget SO much shopping like this!
By the way, the muffins looked delish!
Post a Comment