Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

FF = Finally Finished

This dress was the "guinea pig" dress for the girls Easter dresses. I didn't want to cut their beautiful Easter dress fabric until I knew I could actually do this ;)

It turned out well and was pretty much as easy as it looks! I learned a few new sewing techniques along the way, as well! I used the tutorial from here to make the dress itself. I found a French Seam tutorial here. (French seam pictured below)

and I learned how to make bias tape using Sandi Henderson's tutorial. If you've never seen her blog PortabelloPixie - hop on over...you're in for a treat! I'm just imagining all the ways I can add bias tape to projects now :)

and now I've finally blogged about it, too! LOL
I'm linking up with Chari today for Finished Object Friday :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was here...

Love,
Dad

Charity said...

Very cute!! I love those little dresses. That seam looks great too! Was it hard to do? Someday I want to make some pillowcase dresses. :) Thanks for sharing!