The two youngest and I were able to join Katrina for her Honor Roll field trip! (YAY Katrina!)
We went to.....
This railroad used to be called....
Katrina had so much fun! She loves to be 'out and about'!
Showing the roundhouse and the turntable... I was really impressed with how clean and new everything looked! I thought that maybe this was a relatively new thing, but found out they have actually been open since 2002! That is how clean and neat everything was!
The displays were very informative and well thought out! I didn't know each conductor had their own unique punch! and the hobos also had their own picture language to clue in fellow hobos what kind of 'territory' they were in ... whether hobos were given aid or encouraged to move on quickly!
We also had a 30 minute train ride! I loved the two rail cars! I was just imagining how neat it would be to have a photography shoot inside of one! :)
Katie looks pretty serious here, but she was just as excited as Katrina! She felt like a big girl who was finally able to go to school with her big sis!
My only complaint about the whole trip? It wasn't long enough!! With a school group it's hard to have time to read all the displays and watch all the clips! I'm hoping I'll get a chance to go back, maybe a date with Jaron or a family outing!!And this little girl really exceeded her Momma's expections! Her behavior was perfect! - Considering this outing was not 'age-appropriate' I think she had just as much fun as the rest of us! :)
It was really neat seeing a glimpse into the past of transportation!
1 comments:
Hey! You've got some really neat photos. You just get better and better.
EU
Post a Comment