Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The No sleep blog post...

I've been a little under the weather this weekend, and in an attempt to get better have apparantly slept too much, although I'm still trying to figure out how!
I have been wanting to join in on one of Rhoda's parties to show you what I bought a few weeks back, so it seems I've found some time to do that :)
First, I bought all of these things at a new-to-me Goodwill Thriftstore. It is a little on the small side, but it's clean and has some pretty nice stuff! I was especially impressed with the quality of clothing...I know sounds kind of funny for a second-hand store; but they had some great brands, the items were gently worn and some were brand new with their original store tags still on them!!
First off, I fell IN LOVE with this Milkglass vase! I scooped it right up and would not let it go! HA. It has already been 'show-cased' here. The blue short-sleeved sweater is from Talbots - in great condition and the skirt was just too fun to pass up - never mind that I already have a bunch of black/white skirts! The plate was just what I was looking for! I used it to make a birthday gift for my MIL - pictures of that will be coming on Friday for Chari's Finished Object Friday party. Do you have something you'd like to share with us on Friday?

I also found a white milkglass bud vase (do you see a trend here?), a nice green layering top and a cute little shirt for one of the girls - I think it will be adorable with a little shirt under it and a jean skirt!

Thanks for having a look with me! If you'd like to see more thrifty 'goodness' click on over to Rhoda's party!

5 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hope you start feeling better:) Luv your mikglass...come by my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY to show off all your goodies...hope to see you there!

Blessings,
Linda

I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

Kelee said...

Hi Andrea!

I like the milk glass too. Get some sleep honey!

Happy spring!

And thank-you for visiting!

love,kelee @ the katillac shack

Brittany said...

Love that vase! And I can't wait to see what you're doing with that pretty plate :) What is it about black and white skirts? I just noticed the other day that I have 5 of them in my closet!!
Hope you're feeling better :)

Charity said...

What cute finds!! I love that vase too. :) Hope you're feeling better. I've been battling allergies lately - no fun either. Oh, well... Thanks for sharing!!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I love the vases! I am a sucker for milk glass.