It's DIY Day over at Kimba's! I am SO excited about what I'm showing you today!! When Hubby and I bought our house. it was. not. pretty. We have changed so much in this house, I know the owners before us would be completely astonished!! I married a VERY TALENTED man who has made so many of my "house dreams" a reality! and this is one of those dreams.
I love moulding boxes! I think they make a space look so nice and elegant and he made these for me. I did help on some of the painting, but not that much.
We have them in the living room...
Jaron had a dream of his own in mind. He wanted coffered ceilings in the living room. I had never heard of coffered ceilings. But, he assured me they would be beautiful and he was right!! We bought a medallion to put around the fan base...you can see a little bit of the coffering (is that a word?!) here.
Here's the full picture! I don't have a wide-angle lense so this was the best I could do as far as the picture is concerned. He built and painted all that moulding. I LOVE IT!! Our pastor did come over and help out with some of the painting on the ceiling. I think this is easily the prettiest room in our house!
He also installed moulding boxes in the entry-way, which you can see partly in this picture...
I should also mention that my Dad took and framed the picture (in this picture) and made me the Cedar chest you see here as well! I've got two talented men in my life :)
and here...I should also mention that my Dad took and framed the picture (in this picture) and made me the Cedar chest you see here as well! I've got two talented men in my life :)
and in the formal dining room and going up the stairs. We still don't have those painted. I couldn't wait any longer to give you a peek!
Thanks for sharing in my excitement! :)
Thanks for sharing in my excitement! :)
8 comments:
It's beautiful! You all did a great job. :)
Oh, WOW! It's all so pretty! I'd have to agree with you - I think your hubby is talented, and so are you! Everything looks so fresh and springy, and that ceiling is just plain awesome :)I just may have to request a tutorial :)
Nice JOB Jaron! It looks Professional.
Very Nice.
Your Wife's Dad
Bee-You-Tee-Full! so pcharming! very well done. I hopped over from "A Soft Place to Land" and I am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same!
Gorgeous! Great woodworking and beautifully decorated!
That is gorgeous. I love it!
Oh my word! It's all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures.
We're hoping to do similar things in our home. When we built, we couldn't afford all the upgrades so we're slowly adding them ourselves.
Your living room is stunning! I absolutely love it! Our house is also a work in progress, so I completely understand how great it feels to finally get a room looking just like you want it to look.
Post a Comment