Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

FOF - Lil sleeves

I bought this little shirt for Courtney back in the Fall, she wore it a ton!  But as the weather got warmer the shirt was less and less used.  I just couldn't put her in long sleeves when it is hot out! 

Then a few weeks ago, I came across this tutorial and new exactly which shirt I would use....
AND
it worked!!!  So now we're back to getting lots of use out of a cute shirt!  I did hem her newly-shortened sleeves (they didn't in the tut).
This picture shows the ruching detail the best....Since these pictures were taken I have shortened one of my shirt's sleeves.  I like the way it looks, but for me the ruching feels a little 'funny' on the arms, maybe I'm just not used to it.


Another bonus - the shirt pairs perfectly with this skirt that I had originally made for Katie!  Wow - time is flying by!
 Linking this post up with Charity's Finished Object Friday fun!

3 comments:

Charity said...

Very cute!! Love the feminine touch! :)

Making Memories 1999 said...

Cute, cute!!

Brittany said...

I love it! Cute shirt, and cute model
;)