Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Food Fest and such....

Today, Katrina and I made No Bake Cookies. They are quick and easy for little ones to do! She always loves helping me in the kitchen! :) and everytime I tell her we are going to make cookies, inveriably she says "I'm making cookies for Daddy and I can have one, too!" :)
These cookies are a "tradition." I remember Mom helping us girls to make them when we were little! Something special she always let us do, was put Cinnamon Red Hot candies on the top of each cookie; so Katrina put red hots on some of our cookies, tonight. Although, she thought the cinnamon was "hot" when she ate one :)
Here is the recipe: No Bake Cookies

Combine 1/4 cup margarine, 1/2 cup milk, 2 cups sugar, 4 Tbsp. Cocoa. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in 3 cups instant oatmeal and 1 tsp. vanilla. Drop spoonfuls on to cookie sheets. Allow to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.

In other news, Katie is walking pretty good now! On Wednesday I guess it clicked with her, if she "practiced" she could be faster on her feet than her hands and knees :) She has been walking from one end of the kitchen to the other (and everywhere else!), she is so cute and reminds me of a tottering old lady! I am glad she is walking, she was getting heavy to carry :) and I'm ready for her to be off of the floor!

Katrina is my exercise partner! Today when I got on the treadmill, these were some of the things I heard:

1. Go faster.... :)

2. Why are you exercising?

3. Can I exercise?...No.

4. I'll read you a story...Hermie the Caterpillar (Since she isn't allowed on the treadmill with me, she almost always will bring in some books and sit on the floor beside the treadmill and look at her books until I'm done. Today she even "read" to me! (Katie was napping)

5. Stop exercising... I told her I had 2 more minutes, she went and got the timer and told me that I had 2 more minutes BUT she set the timer for 20 minutes :) LOL

The picture was taken a different day...I was in another room and I heard this awful racket, so I went to investigate...and found Katrina with my shoes on and jumping up and down on the treadmill (loud racket)...when I came around the corner, she very proudly told me she was exercising!! LOL

...and NO, I do not jump up and down on the treadmill when I am exercising :) I think she must have thought jumping was the next best thing since she couldn't get the track to move!

Hope you all in blogland have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Truckin Teeds said...

That's great! At least you have a cheerleader! :o) Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Leah said...

SOunds like you have your own "personal trainer" and one for free!!! Cute!!

Liz said...

I so need a treadmill. We joined a gym in January...needless to say I haven't been in a while! Thanks for the reminder to go! Great pictures and post. I love no bake cookies!

Unknown said...

your little girls are so adorable. Im so excited I saw your sight on Jamie's. Looks like you are having a wonderful time being a Mommy. Check out my sight at www.freewebs.com/kentncarissa
Love,
Carissa (Everhart) Seward

Jamie said...

That is so hilarious about Katrina "exercising" with you!! Megan is intrigued with the "exercising" thing as well! She thinks I'm "silly!" Your girls are so adorable!

By, the way...I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law....we will be praying for her and your family.