Jaron went down Thursday afternoon to be with his parents at the hospital and came back very late Friday night - I am very glad to have him home!! Although I'm not scared to be alone, I just like it when my man is home!
Anyways, during the 8 hour surgery they were spending a little sight-seeing time within a 50 mile radius (that was the limit to the hospital pager they were given).
One of the places they went was the largest grocery store in Pittsburg. I asked him to check and see if they sold any Guarana and don't you know they do!!! YIPPEE!!! So he brought home a 10 pack and a 2 liter bottle of Guarana Antartica - my favorite Brazilian soft drink. (He enjoys it too!)
He also found some palm hearts (which were delicious and are now gone, compliments of myself and Katrina and the few bites I graciously allowed her to consume - Katie on the otherhand was not the least bit impressed; maybe her tastebuds are more like her Daddy's - he doesn't care for them either!)
The last discovery was a box mix for a caramel flan(custard), or as we call it Pudin (poo-jean) and I don't really think it tastes like caramel. Mom still makes this, but from scratch and it is always delicious. I, however, still have not made it; one of these times, she'll have to teach me. I'm anxious to see if the box mix, tastes the same as the real thing.
In other news:
My MIL's surgery went well. The surgeon was happy with how she held up physically and feels like recovery won't be too bad. They did have to remove a small section of her colon, which means she will have to wear a bag for six weeks, until they can go back and check the progress to see if the colon is ready to be reattached.
Please continue to remember them in prayer - she has a two week hospital recovery.
Also, I would appreciate it, if you would remember Sharron(Sherman) and Tim Teed and her family. This past week, they found out Sharron's mother has non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. They could certainly use the prayers of God's people.
3 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment