Little by little I have been pulling out the Valentine decor, which got me to thinking about seasonal clothing for the girls. For our Handmade Christmas I had used some paper doilies and fabric paint and made two of these. They were so much fun and so easy that I was pretty sure I could use the heart paper doilies for some shirts!
First off, here are the supplies you'll need. Elmer's Spray adhesive (love this stuff), fabric paints, sponge brushes, shirts, cardboard, paper doilies. Yes, that is glitter in the picture. I had the bright idea of putting it on the wet paint; but that didn't really work, because the paint soaks right into the shirt
You do want to wash and iron your shirt before you get started. Also place the cardboard piece between the front and back of the shirt to prevent any paint bleeding through.
Make sure you wait 3-5 minutes before putting your heart on the shirt! This allows for a temporary bond and when your finished painting you can pull that sucker right off :)
Using your sponge brush, dab the paint on in pouncing motions - not strokes. You don't want to break the paper up. It helps to have a cute assistant :)
Some close-ups for ya - White for my favorite oldest...
If you try the tutorial, I'd love to see your work ;)
I'm linking this tut up with Kimba and Today's Creative Blog and
There are lots of fabulous projects to see! Thanks for taking a peek at mine :)
4 comments:
What a super cute (and simple) project! Makes me wish I had a little girl. Maybe I can borrow one. ;)
What a cute idea! I've been wanting to make something Valentine-ish for my girls to wear, so maybe I'll try this. BTW, I saw the results of your family photo shoot on Erica Grant's blog & I think your photos turned out just gorgeous! You have such a beautiful family!
I love it! Too bad the little guys wouldn't go for it... I need some GIRLS!!
This is a great idea! Now I just need to find a doily to do this with my girls. They would LOVE it!
I'm starting a weekly linkup called Make it, Wear it. You should stop by and link this up!
TheTrainToCrazy.com
Post a Comment