Our Memorial Day was kinda busy this year - I felt like I had three different deadlines to meet! BUT we still made time to get to our Hometown parade!!
Honoring our Veterans! I am so thankful for these guys who defended our country and very thankful that we have men and women who are fighting even now to protect our freedoms!
One of our church teens in the highschool marching band...
My girls loved the fire dog :)
Firetruck from days gone by...
Courtney really got into the waving part :)
The girls comparing and sharing their parade candy...
It was hard not to cry when they marched by...
One of our church kids driving her Dad's car, he's riding with her. She was EXCITED to get to drive in the parade! I'm pretty sure it was the car she was more excited about :)
One of my favorite aspects of the parade: the green & yellow John Deere tractors with their flags waving proudly!! "No Farmers, No Food!"
We had a yummy lunch of Mayonessa (Brazilian Potato Salad), grilled steak and chicken, devilled eggs,dilly beans, jello jigglers, and Fresh-squeezed homemade lemon-ade. Unfortunately there are no food pictures! and even worse right after Mom filled the glasses with that yummy Fresh-squeezed homemade lemon-ade, my favorite youngest daughter spilled the.rest.of.the.lemon-ade.all.over.the.floor. Yep, she really did. and we were all the MORE thankful for that one glass of Fresh-squeezed lemon-ade we each had! :)
In the afternoon, I went up to the church to work on the school yearbook with some friends, Mom took care of the girls and quite a bit of cleaning up (Yeah - that Fresh-squeezed lemonade was pretty sticky!), and Dad and Jaron went trout fishing :)
When we are all back for the evening we enjoyed some REALLY yummy homemade Strawberry ice-cream - now that is just something you can't beat!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment